Release Notes 2.4.2
Audacity 2.4.2 replaces all previous versions. Over 30 bugs fixed since 2.4.2. Full details of new features in the visual guide to New Features in 2.4.2.
- Audacity 2.4.2 requires the CPU to support the SSE2 instruction set which should be available on any Intel hardware produced after 2001 and any AMD hardware produced after 2003.
- To check what SSE levels your CPU supports, you can install CPU-Z.
- If your hardware only supports SSE, you may download Audacity 2.0.6 see the Legacy Windows page on the Audacity Website.
- 2.4.2 does not support Windows XP.
- You may try 2.2.2 on XP, but it is unsupported.
- Audacity 2.4.2 is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS.
- There are legacy versions for older OS X
- Linux support is tested on Ubuntu Linux.
- Audacity may compile on Gentoo, Debian, Mint.
- Audacity does not currently compile on SuSE Linux.